Friday, September 6, 2013

Five for Friday


I am linking up with Five for Friday from Doodle Bugs.  If you haven't linked up before, make sure to join in.  Five for Friday is a weekly teacher link party where you post five random things from your week.   
 

{1} Organization

Anyone who knows me knows that I love organization and LABELS!   This pic of our subject folders and journals.  Love the color coding too :)

 

{2} An Apple for the Teacher

One of my sweet fourth graders brought me an apple during the first week of school.  Made my day!
 

{3} Self Portraits

The first week of school  my students created self portraits using oil pastels.  It was a great get-to-know-you activity and really turned out great!
 
 

{4} New Math Products

I am excited about two new Carson-Dellosa products I purchased.
 
Common Core Math 4 Today: Daily Skill Practice- This 96-page comprehensive supplement contains standards-aligned reproducible activities designed to focus on critical math skills and concepts that meet the Common Core State Standards.  This was an e-book, so it was a quick, easy download.
 
Common Core Thinking Mats- Build critical thinking skills and reinforce essential math skills with these thinking mats.  Each set includes 15 write-on/wipe-away mats with 15 sets of 24 coordinating game cards. With activities that can easily be customized to specific learning needs, the Thinking Mats are perfect learning tools for centers, learning stations, and group or individualized instruction.

{5} Friday Night Football

My oldest niece cheered at her first high school football game tonight.  It brought back a lot of fun memories from my cheering days and was a ton of fun.  Here are some highlights...
 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

3 comments:

  1. I did color-coding similar to yours last year when I used tables in my room. This year I'm back to boring ol' desks... so I'm not nearly as organized!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the self portraits!!! And your organization is awesome! My fave part is the cheer pics, brought back memories for me, too! Love the basket toss one!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I color-code my students' folders and notebooks too- helps students keep their desks organized! New to your blog- love it!

    Ellie
    Miss Woodward's Class

    ReplyDelete

My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...